Marketing Momentum

Monday, January 16, 2006

Crazy ShutterFly.com Ad

I was recently listening to the Dec. 22nd podcast of the PodCast Radio Show, and heard a totally off the wall shocking commercial for ShutterFly.com. It goes a little something like this...

Mothers, do you have an ugly baby?
Does your baby stop traffic?
Does your baby put the health of elderly people at risk?
Does the bus driver tell you "You can't bring that monkey on board" saying "I don't care if you've gone to the trouble of dressing him up in a onesy."

If you've answered yes to any of these questions, you got the rarest of creatures - The Ugly Baby, which leads to a difficult decision: should you be taking photos of your ugly baby? The answer is yes! After all, it's better than coming face to face with the real thing.

So for that one in a million ugly baby, or the merely beautiful ones there's ShutterFly.com where it's easy to get film quality prints from your digital camera. Just go online to ShutterFly.com and have beautiful prints delivered right to your door. You can hold them in your hands an marvel at the miracle of that precious monkey, ugh child.

I totally couldn't believe what I was hearing. I guess with podcasts you can get away with a lot more, because I just can't imagine hearing this on free radio and it being successful and not offending the masses. However, after the first time I heard it I remembered the name, told a coworker about the ad, and visited ShutterFly's website.

Filed In: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home