Marketing Momentum

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ice Cream Company Provides Financial Advice?

John Nardini, executive vice president of marketing at Wayland-based Denali Flavors Inc. (the company that sells the Moose Tracks ice cream), is blogging, not about ice cream, but finance. By offering financial advise, this company has seen a 30 percent spike in visitors to its company web site.

Not sure what ice cream has to do with financial advice, and I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel about using an ice cream company as a financial resource, but it seems to be working for them.

However, one has to ask the more important question, how many of those visits have translated into sales?

On a more personal note, stories like this scare me. I have a Masters in Marketing from Johns Hopkins University, and I'm left wondering if everything that I learned about target marketing has been a waste.

Filed In: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home