Marketing Momentum

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Free Coffee


Hurry up and get your free coffee courtesy of Yahoo.

As a promotional gift to its TV, radio, and movie theater blitz, Yahoo will offer coupons for a free cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts to anyone who sets Yahoo.com as their home page by tomorrow.

The multimillion dollar campaign is to reinforce its strong cutting edge technology with improvements like its home page makeover, an e-mail upgrade and a service that enables users to tap into their collective knowledge to find answers to tough questions.

Yahoo has been struggling to catch up with Google in the online search market, and it's also battling perceptions that startups such as MySpace.com have become hipper places to hang out.
Meanwhile, Microsoft and Time Warner's AOL are spending heavily to lure traffic away from Yahoo.

I've seen the changes at Yahoo, and I'm seriously considering making my Yahoo my primary personal email service and homepage. Right now I have a hotmail account, that I've had for years, and a My MSN homepage. Both don't seem to offer near the services that Yahoo offers.

For now, I'll at least enjoy a free cup of coffee.

Photo by ttaulli.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home